In order to stretch a canvas you’ll need the following:
Steps to Stretch:
1. The first step is to join the stretcher bars. Lay them out on a flat surface, and push the corners together by hand. If necessary, tap the corners gently with a rubber hammer. Check that they form a right angle with something that is fairly accurate, such as a book.
2. Staple the four corners of the stretcher bars together forming a rectangular frame.
3. Roll out your canvas, put the formed stretcher bars on top of it, and wrap it around the bars. The canvas should fold over the outside edges of the wooden bars.
4. The most important things to remember when stapling your canvas to the stretcher bars is to work from the middle outwards and alternating opposite sides. Starting in the center on any side, staple the canvas to the back of the stretcher. Put in about three staples, approximately two inches apart. With your first few canvases, you’ll probably put in more staples than you need; practice will give you a feel for this.
5. Move to the opposite side, while pulling the canvas tightly with the clamp, and staple the middle in place. Repeat with the other two edges.
6. At the corners of the canvas you need to fold the canvas over creating a nice corner and stapling it in place.
7. Once the painting is on the stretcher bars you can use corner wedges. These are usually provided with the purchase of your stretcher bars. If you feel that the canvas was not stretched properly, don’t try and fix it. My advice to you is to take all the staples out and just start over again.
Top 100 Masterpiece
Contemporary Wall Art
Minimalist Collection is now here!
Could not find what you are looking for?
Pablo Ruiz Picasso was a Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist and theatre designer who spent most of his adult life in France.
Born: October 25, 1881, Málaga, Spain
Died: April 8, 1973, Mougins, France
Periods: Cubism, Surrealism, Expressionism, Post-Impressionism
Awards: Lenin Peace Prize
Les Demoiselles d'Avignon
Les Demoiselles d'Avignon is a large oil painting created in 1907 by the Spanish artist Pablo Picasso. The work, part of the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art, portrays five nude female prostitutes in a brothel on Carrer d'Avinyó, a street in Barcelona.
Les Demoiselles d'Avignon by Pablo Ruiz Picasso can be reproduced with the same emotions of the original masterpiece. In our in-house studio artists carefully recreate the painting detail-by-detail, colour-by-colour to near perfection.
Reproduction size: Various Sizes AvailableOriginal size: 243.9 cm × 233.7 cm (96 in × 92 in)Year: 1907
Medium: Oil Painting on CanvasType: ReproductionArtist: Pablo Ruiz PicassoDelivery Time: 14-21 daysItem #: R-PB-005
Click here to learn more about our studio
With natural texture, vibrancy, and a sense of luxury a real oil painting makes a great original focal point in any environment. Created with the highest quality materials oil paintings will not only look superior to any print, they will also last longer.
Free Worldwide Delivery - For a Limited Period of Time
All paintings included free courier delivery for a limited period. Depending on delivery location we will ship via UPS or EMS courier.
In-Stock Art Work All artwork that we have in stock will be delivered in 2-5 working days worldwide, depending on delivery location and time of order.
Reproductions as standard are painted to order and are delivered in 10-21 days.
Original - Paint to Order Pop Art will be delivered worldwide within 7-10 days after placing an order.
All deliveries are made between 9&5pm Mon-Sat, we do require a signature. If you have to go out at the last minute please leave a signed note on the door to tell the courier where to leave the parcel, i.e. Neighbour etc.
We advise delivery dates in plenty of time and would appreciate your assistance. Please call or email if you have any problems or login to your account to change your delivery address if needed.
We keep you updated with the progress of your artwork both via email and in your online account. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have a tight deadline or would like to check the status of your order.
Paintings are covered in a protective roll before been carefully rolled into courier approved packaging.
All Paintings include full insurance against loss or damage.
We will exchange any items lost or damaged during transit. To qualify please keep all packaging and/or artwork as delivered and notify us within 24 hours of the item arriving. For weekend deliveries, you may leave a message on our answer phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stretching your own oil painting is easier than you might think and can be cheaper than having the painting stretched by the framing company.
- artsuppliesonline.com - US supplier of stretcher bars
- diyframing.com - UK supplier of frames and stretchers
- Harris-Moore Canvases UK supplier of stretchers